1. The parents who made their son’s wheelchair into the best Halloween costume ever
2. The terminally ill man who loves receiving mail… and got more than he ever expected
Scott Widak has Down syndrome and suffers from liver disease, and he loves receiving mail. His nephew Sean posted his P.O. Box on Reddit and the site’s users responded with hundreds of letters, packages, and gifts.
3. A kind stranger who stopped a day from being ruined
4. The doctor who offered free medical care after Hurricane Sandy
5. And the people that helped out any way that they could
6. The older couple who saw themselves in two young parents
7. This Libyan child who doesn’t believe in hate
8. The parents who tattooed insulin pumps on their bellies so their diabetic son wouldn’t feel “different”
9. The police officer who bought shoes for a barefoot homeless man
10. And the police officers who made blind 13-year-old Gage Hancock-Stevens’ dream of being a cop come true
11. The Michigan soccer team who gave their team manager with Down syndrome an opportunity to start
12. The Texas A&M students that blocked Westboro Baptist Church protesters with a human wall
When students heard that Westboro Baptist Church planned on protesting the funeral of a soldier, they formed a human barricade around the funeral service to block them out.
13. And this brave kid who stood up against hate
14. The woman who kept a homeless man dry during a downpour
15. The Disney security guard who is amazing at his job
16. The Icelandic heroes who rescued sheep during a major snowstorm
17. The quick-thinking little girl who saved her mom’s life by slapping her with a piece of pizza
18. The young girl who loves her dog unconditionally
19. The famous rugby player who visited his biggest fan in the hospital
20. The bros who worked together to save a cat
21. The community that came together to make Caine’s dream a reality
You can watch the full story here
22. The football star who gives children in need a shopping spree each year
This is a receipt for $19,000 in toys.
23. The man who comforts the old dog that saved his life
When John Unger had suicidal thoughts after a breakup, it was his dog Shoep who brought him back from the brink. This photograph shows Unger cradling his friend in lake Superior to soothe the dog’s arthritis.
24. These candidates for parents of the year
25. The amazing couple who stuck together through unbelievable odds
26. And every single time anything like this happened.
With everything that has been going on lately, I’m sure we could all use a little pick me up. Hopefully, this will remind us that good does exist as long as we continue to offer it. Be lovely today.