There’s nothing quite like having someone you love in your life. Everything is seemingly easier when you’re laying in their arms, watching your favorite t.v. show while receiving sweet kisses to the back of your neck. (sigh) It’s even better when your home becomes their home, and their home becomes your home. You spend endless nights together falling in love until the morning comes. The birds are chirping. The sun is shining and every thing’s coming up roses. You carefully and quietly slide out of the bed being sure not to wake him. You head to the bathroom, open the door, turn on the light and then BOOM! You see your reflection in the mirror. Your make up is smeared all over your eyes, your hair looks like Sideshow Bob and your face is bumpy and irritated from not washing it the night before. Quickly, you search his bathroom hoping to find a comb and spare toothbrush, some fash wash… hell you’ll settle for hydrogen peroxide at this point. But you find nothing. Completely against your wishes, you open the door and begin to ask your man for the very small things you need (but take for granted) in the morning.
- You ask him for something to comb your hair out with… He passes you the brush he maintains his waves or beard with.
- You ask him for face wash… He passes you an old stale bar of Dial soap.
- You ask him for something to wash your hair with… He passes you some awful 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner, probably Head and Shoulders.
- You ask him for some moisturizer or oil for your hair… he passes you a big blue bottle of Ultra Sheen. lol!
- You ask him for a wash cloth but they are all dirty so you use your hand.
- His towels smell purely like the gym so you secretly use a loose sheet or oversized tee shirt you found lying around to dry.
- You use his afro pick to detangle your hair only to find that it tangles it more.
- Then you drip all over the place because you don’t have a hair dryer or towel to properly dry off making the bathroom floor deadly.
- And the only thing he somewhat has right is the Coca Butter on his dresser but then you realize it’s the wack watered down kind that is more soupy than a butter. UGGHHHHH
After all is said is done you’re so frustrated that you finally blurt out “I need to leave some things over here if you want me here. I have to go to work and I don’t have anything I need to get ready. You can leave stuff at my place. I should be able to leave stuff at yours”. He looks up from his laptop or phone (while sitting in the bed looking just as good as he does all the time) and simply says, “Okay”. You smile realizing that you made a bigger deal out of everything than necessary and that you should have just mentioned it before. You crawl back in bed and give him a sweet kiss on the cheek. Moments pass and he says nonchalantly, “Babe, this is nice and all but your hair is wet and your dripping on my sheets”. You roll your eyes and grin, taking note that the two of you just shared one of those ‘relationship moments’ you only see on t.v. You sashay back to the bathroom and go about your business.